April 17 Citations
1. Leavitt, MO. Report to Congress: Improving the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization Program – Response to the Institute of Medicine Study. Washington, DC: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; 2009. 1-35.
2. What are the Value-Based Programs? Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Value-Based-Programs/Value-Based-Programs.html. Accessed March 9, 2017.
3. Rhodes A, Evans L, Alhazzani, W, et al. Surviving Sepsis Campaign: International Guidelines for Management of Sepsis and Septic Shock: 2016. Critical Care Medicine. 2017; 45(3):486-552.
4. Health Care Myth Busters: Is There a High Degree of Scientific Certainty in Modern Medicine? Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/demand-better-health-care-book/ Published March 25, 2011. Accessed March 6, 2017.
5. Hafferty FW, Gaufberg EH, O’Donnell JF. The Role of the Hidden Curriculum in “On Doctoring” Courses. AMA Journal of Ethics. 2015; 17(2):129-137.
6. The Physicians Foundation 2016 Physician Survey. The Physicians Foundation. http://www.physiciansfoundation.org/news/the-physicians-foundation-2016-physician-survey/ Published September 21, 2016. Accessed March 6, 2017.
7. Martimianakis MA, Hafferty FW. Exploring the Interstitial Space between the Ideal and the Practicised: Humanism and the Hidden Curriculum of System Reform. Medical Education. 2016; 50:278-280.
Hanna Fanous, Copy Editor
Garret Hisle, Copy Editor
Hasan Sumdani, Copy Editor
Anandini Rao, Copy Editor
Puja Panwar, Chairman of the Board
Alexander Hsu, Managing Editor
Hailey Driscoll, Acquisition Editor
Bevan Johnson, Design Editor
Britton Eastburn, Design Editor
Submit to us!
Share your work with the Texas A&M medical school
community. Please email us at COMfirstname.lastname@example.org to submit work, make suggestions, or ask questions. We
are looking forward to hearing from you!
A special thanks to...
Dr. Karen Wakefield for being our faculty editor,
Dr. Barbara Gastel for serving as editorial mentor,
and Dr. Gül Russell for providing support and encouragement.